Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 6 months ago

so we adopted a six month old kitten she's sweet but she bitten me 4 times really hard?

she is a friendly kitten but like i said out of the blue she bit me 4 times she came to me really friendly then out of no where bites me im sure the shelter knew this but why didn't they tell us? ca i train her not to bite me i have had cats before they never bit my face.

Favorite Answer

I have a cat who does this and it can be quite hard to take. Some cats seem to get over-affectionate and then don't know where to go with it, so bite, right in the middle of their purring and nudging. Mine's five and he's never got any better, despite being sprayed regularly with a water spray or being removed from the room.

So you probably have to learn to put up with this. Make sure it's not because you are restraining her whilst trying to cuddle. Always let her come to you. Don't hang on to her if she wants to be set down.

I walk around the house with my 'weapon' and I have to use it frequently. I've just had to accept that this is behavioural and deal with it. It's very wrong if your shelter didn't flag this up, but can I urge you not to give up on your kitty. It might be that she's been rejected before and really, this isn't a nasty act on her part. It's just that some kitties' personalities are a bit odd, just like some people's.

• Anna E

Some cats are rougher than other's. She probably is just playing, but if she bit your face, were you holding her? Many cats do not like to be picked up and held unless they want to be held.

Stop putting her BY your face. Young kittens bite each other, they don't know it hurts us because we have no fur.

have you had a cat before? cats usually send messages that they don't want to be touched, before they resort to biting--and sometimes people just go ahead and ignore them---at their peril. do you have a friend who is a cat owner? ask them to observe--they will probably be able to figure out what is bothering the cat--be it overstimulation, or lack of cat-person communication, or possibly a physical problem.

• Jaime White6 months agoReport

she came to me for pettings yes i have 4 other cats they never were like this she seams to be calming down now i think its anxiety

• patty

some kittens who get taken away from mother and siblings too early have not learnt how to socialise with other cats and people.when she bites you give a firm NO. Plug in Feliway might improve her behaviour but can be expensive. u get from the vet.