What does driver Discretion mean?

I was going to take my dog to the park and Shawn I googled if dogs could go on public busses, it said at the drivers discretion. What does that mean?!?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

The driver has the right to decide based on his unique perception of the situation. He can allow the dog or deny the dog, depending on whether he sees that the dog could be or likely would not be a source of problems on the bus.

There is no rule that says whether the driver must, or must not, allow the dog. The driver has the sole power of decision. It is his(her) choice, alone.

• 5 months ago

Genreraly speaking the dog would be allowed on the bus, but if the the dog is covered in mud for instance the driver may say ok or he may feel the bus is fairly full and doesnt want a lot of complaints about mud on seats or peoples clothes, he has to think of other people, in the UK ive seen plenty of dogs on buses, dont think i have ever seen one turned away

• F
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

It means it depends on the mood of the driver whether your dog gets on.

• 5 months ago

The driver of the bus gets to decide if he/she will allow dogs to accompany their owners on the bus. I don't know of too many bus drivers who will want to clean up dog poop from their bus at the end of their shift.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

It means the driver decides, depending on the whole situation at the time.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

It means the driver can choose whether to say yes or no.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

That means it is the drivers choice. May depend on many things. Like If someone is allergic to dogs. If the dog seems to be in control. If the dog is clean or dirty?

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Means the bus driver makes the decision whether to let you on board or not. If you tip up with an Irish wolfhound as opposed to a dachshund that fits in your purse, he or she will have to decide whether you are likely to inconvenience other passengers. That said, most will let on a guide dog without question.

• Katie
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

'At the Drivers discretion' means 'if the driver chooses' - the driver may have witnessed a dog attaching someone.

• 5 months ago

It means that each individual bus driver gets to decide.

You can wait at the bus stop, and when the bus arrives that driver, there and then, gets to decide if they are going to allow a dog on their bus.

And if they do, if the dog is a nuisance, they can ask you to take it off at any point.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.