Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAlternativeParanormal Phenomena · 6 months ago

How do we explain phantom objects?

Ghostly ships, trains and buildings. Inanimate Apparitions? Clearly these things have no consciousness, yet people see them.

• Tom
    Favorite Answer

One theory explains ALL of it. "Ghosts" AND "Phantom objects" . Ghosts are simply LIVING PEOPLE we are seeing via natural "glitches' or "Portals" in another TIME. This explains their clothing and other props, like eyeglasses and walking sticks, etc.---that have no "spirit" element. Inanimate objects like "Ghost Cars", or "Ghost Trains", etc. are ALSO objects in another time.

We are likely looking at natural "time Overlaps" or Einstein -Rosen Bridges that connect one TIME (or place) to another ----momentarily at least, forming a LOCAL overlap or" window" into the past.--------It is even better than the "Spirit Theory": as it IS Scientific, AND we do not have to "invent" beings like "Spirits".

Two of the best Physicists of the age say such "bridges/Wormholes" are possible, so this is the best theory and explains ALL aspects of the observations (Spirit theory cannot explain clothing OR Phantom objects)

That Time overlaps or shifts CAN apparently exist in low energy, natural situations strongly suggest that STUDY of alleged "Ghosts" may lead to an understanding in Physics that might lead to practical Time travel Technology

• Gary K

Before we need to explain 'phantom objects', we need to confirm they exist. This has never been done. They remain in the realm of stories, anecdotes and folklore.

It really depends on what this universe is made of. Is it a part of a huge computer program or is it only a layer on other dimensions? I like to listen to speeches by Thomas Campbell; his theories are an approach to a better understanding.

• Nine Lives

There is still a lot of confusion about this matter. Religion and governments want us to be braindead robots.

According to Native American Indians, everything. be it manmade or natural has a manitou. From the tiniest speck of dust to giant buildings. Other people call them etheric bodies and that is the reason why you can be seen wearing clothes or driving a car after death. Of course, I am not like a denialist who tries to pretend he knows what is going on and what it is all about. I can only give you what I have read. The denialist will give you links to their sceptic comic but if you take the time to use the links, you will find not one ounce of proof that there is no paranormal. Strange!

• Mr. P

I tend to see things how they were, so I am seeing the people in their context, possibly through the experience of a bystander. So these experiences may be from someone who was there at the time.

Still doesn't make proving it any easier. But I do use clothing and objects to date what I see, and sometimes turns up unexpected information.

For example when I saw the horse drawn Herse, I noted that the carriage was flat with no glass, but had gold writing down the thin edge of it.

I looked at horse drawn herses, but nearly all of them had glass sides. It was only when I had looked at other drays that I found what I had seen.

It was a photo of Findlay dairies in Aberden that were still using horse drawn drays even though trams and motor vehicles were just starting to become more common at the time of that photo. But what caught my eye was the writing down the sides. I had not considered this before, and matched what I had seen.

• Mr. P

No, other than the construction of the carriage. If I am in town again with time I will ask the owners of the Pub as I found it is family run. Maybe they know a bit more history about old wakes held there.

Perception is imperfect. We 'construct' what we see from very limited cues and from our own expectations, based on what we have previously seen or been told about.

There is no objective evidence of ghosts or ghost ships.

I speak as someone who would have SWORN he had experienced something paranormal but who now knows it was a delusion, probably related to psychosis brought on by drug use at the time.

People also hallucinate and lie.

• Tom

In a few cases, indeed, but I have read HUNDREDS of cases, if not THOUSANDS---Patterns are quite clear.--as are those that do not fit in. Simply speaking there is NO Paranormal, only UNEXPLAINED (so far) phenomena---our Science don't know EVERYTHING yet.