Do you guys think my guy friend led me on. We had a huge connection now he tells me he's back with his ex girlfriend. I'm kind of hurt?

Ive been through so much hell in my current relationship and I’ve fight and pleaded with him for so many years.there was a point where we argued every single day. I think it’s cause we are so different. The only thing we have in common is that we are both strong and dominant but it isn’t good because he always... show more Ive been through so much hell in my current relationship and I’ve fight and pleaded with him for so many years.there was a point where we argued every single day. I think it’s cause we are so different. The only thing we have in common is that we are both strong and dominant but it isn’t good because he always wants to have the last word with me. Now I just feel myself emotionally disconnecting from my boyfriend altogether.its like he doesn’t wanna better himself period. Its crazy because he acknowledges that he can have anger problems, a short temper, and the like. And instead of going to counseling or trying to improve himself he just goes “ well maybe you need to be with a more passive man. This is who I am”. Not only that but he has three kids by two woman. I have no kids. I’m not even all that physically attracted to him because he wears the same thing every single day. My bf is controlling also in a lot of ways. I’m on the verge of ending this relationship. I’m done fighting, trying. I’ve recently reconnected with my guy friend of 10 years who is the complete opposite. He’s sweet, kind, soft, he’s in tune with his emotions, easy to talk to, a good listener, he is my age (27). He’s also funny. It was my first time laughing in years. The other night we talked until 3 am just catching up on each other’s lives. He discussed his ex girlfriend who was just as inconsiderate and angry as my boyfriend. He said he wishes his ex would have been more affectionate.
Update: I was like " go figure, i wish my boyfriend would be more affectionate"
He was like " my ex would get mad about everything. I was scared to say things to set her off." I was like "SAME. I literally walk on egg shells with my boyfriend trying not to trigger him
Update 2: 24 hrs ago I texted my guy friend and was like "I should've got you with you 5 years ago lol. you're probably my soulmate or something. been with the wrong person this whole time lol" he was like " you're messing up out here lol". I was like " everything my boyfriend lacks you... show more 24 hrs ago I texted my guy friend and was like "I should've got you with you 5 years ago lol. you're probably my soulmate or something. been with the wrong person this whole time lol" he was like " you're messing up out here lol". I was like " everything my boyfriend lacks you posess" and my guy friend was like " lol you didn't even like me back then." Then I jokingly said " you got buff that changes everything lol" and he started laughing. I was like " pretty sure you didn't like me either lol
Update 3: he jokingly said " that's the 20th century we in the 21st century. But I feel you. I'm not sure how we avoided romance so wel
Update 4: I texted him a long paragraph about how he's a great person, friend, and confidant. i told him he's so intelligent that it's crazy and that he would have been a better match for me for sure . I told him how me and my boyfriend are so different and its almost like we resent each other in a sense because... show more I texted him a long paragraph about how he's a great person, friend, and confidant. i told him he's so intelligent that it's crazy and that he would have been a better match for me for sure . I told him how me and my boyfriend are so different and its almost like we resent each other in a sense because of it. but he might be right that i need someone passive. I told him he has a great vibe, he's funny and is postive and uplifting. he put a heart face next to the message and said he will respo
Update 5: so he said he would respond in a few because he was drivin
Update 6: h my boyfriend is 35 and not nearly as intelligent as my guy friend. Everytime I hear him talk i'm like wow he's so smart and articulate it blows my mind. I think that's what draws me towards him the most. Of course my guy friend is good looking but i love his mind the m
Update 7: go to my guy friend for him comfort because it's hard to talk to my boyfriend and he gets irritated easily. Couple months ago I told him how I wanted to make the relationship more exciting because I feel like it's getting dull. He brushed me off. Monotomy kills relationship. He doesn't care about... show more go to my guy friend for him comfort because it's hard to talk to my boyfriend and he gets irritated easily. Couple months ago I told him how I wanted to make the relationship more exciting because I feel like it's getting dull. He brushed me off. Monotomy kills relationship. He doesn't care about romancing me or pleasuring ME. it's all about him. I told him I didn't want to have sex one time and he got angry threatened to break
Update 8: e and my guy friend also talked more our childhoods and he told me about his birth mom (he's adopt
Update 9: my guy friend responded to the "romantic" text i wrote him after like 2 days and he said " my apologies for the late reply life has been moving really fast over the last few days, I just had some people cancel and I had to work overnight. " He works like 3 jobs, has his own buisness
Update 10: I asked him what He thought about the text I sent and he was like " you shared a lot of feelings, it got emotional when you were talking about your compatiblity but nothing I can't handle. It was cool to discuss."
Update 11: He was like " you sent me a lot of messages which required me to take some time and thought before responding which allowed me to get side tracked by my crazy work life and a fleet truck deal thats finally closing."
Update 12: I asked him if He thought i was a hoe for saying i was more compatible with him then my boyfriend and he said " I think you realized i was a better match for you than your boyfriend and was curious if i felt the same way and how i would react. i think you started to feel a connection. that doesnt make you a... show more I asked him if He thought i was a hoe for saying i was more compatible with him then my boyfriend and he said " I think you realized i was a better match for you than your boyfriend and was curious if i felt the same way and how i would react. i think you started to feel a connection. that doesnt make you a hoe. hoe is a sexual term. all you did was feel. really you just stated facts. where is the lie?"
Update 13: he also said " ir's not wrong to reminscince. And if your S.O is below par it's not wrong to notice other people are demostrating better capabilities. It only becomes mischevious when you start asking smeone out sending sexually targeted messages and trying to provoke someone sexually."
Update 14: he's back with his girlfriend who he claimed had anger issues like my boyfriend. I honestly need someone that is as kindhearted and soft as him. he's SUCH a good person and i've been depressed ever since he told me they rekindled things. I can't win for losing. starting to think my boyfriend is as... show more he's back with his girlfriend who he claimed had anger issues like my boyfriend. I honestly need someone that is as kindhearted and soft as him. he's SUCH a good person and i've been depressed ever since he told me they rekindled things. I can't win for losing. starting to think my boyfriend is as good as its gonna get. The good guys NEVER like me. I was going to break up with my bf and hoped me and my guy friend could give it a shot i REALLY like him.