LiDL's worker spoke rudely to me. Should I report him.?

I went up to one of their self-service counters with my shopping and I picked up the wrong weekend newspaper on Saturday. When I scanned the paper I decided I didn't want to pay that much (I'm counting the pennies) and when the guy came over I said, "I no longer want this. I didn't realise it was that much". He said, "Well, the amount is right on the front". I replied, "It doesn't matter. I can't afford it". He then said, "Why can't you afford it?" he embarrassed me in front of all and I said, "I've changed my mind which I'm entitled to do" and then he tutted, took the amount off and off he walked.

That's right Anon. Got it in one.

Favorite Answer

The time to do anything about it was THEN. It would be silly to go back and make a fuss about it now.

For what? He wasn't rude. Just surprised that someone is so stupid as to pick up a paper they don't want..

i would if you think it'll help

No. You should have simply asked the assistant to remove the purchase from your items as you had decided you didn't want it, not get into a vulgar debate about the state of your finances.

If you don't like the experience of shopping at Lidl you are free to go elsewhere. You should not blame someone else for your own poverty and try to get them sacked.

So on Saturday you didn't have enough money to pay for your shopping. You wanted the cashier to remove a paper, the incorrect newspaper that you picked up and scanned through the till, from the sub total of your shopping and they were arsey about it?

And it is now Monday?

And this is in Lidl?

Update: Thanks for the clarification and also for the downvote.