Dub asked in HealthMen's Health · 6 months ago

what causes phimosis?

if a guy still can't retract his foreskin past 18 year old?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Eating too much Taco Bell.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

Unfortunately in the USA foreskins of babies and very young boys are being forcibly retracted by ignorant doctors and misinformed parents causing scarring of the inner foreskin resulting in phimosis! Normal foreskin retraction as per research literature can happen from toddler stage until anywhere in the teen years usually without causing any problems!

There are several procedures that have been well researched and proven successful that will freely loosen a foreskin that maybe causing some inflammation or a teen wants to be able to retract easily!

Most are beginning with the home remedies of stretching etc.(techniques can easily be found on the web) It can work over time or go to a foreskin friendly doctor who will discuss the many successful alternatives!

Your foreskin has a purpose and function to give you years of unbelievable pleasure! Stay intact and enjoy!

• Josie
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

At 18 the penis has grown. Usually misdiagnosed.

In about 10 % of men foreskin retracts later than 18.

I suggest you give it a bit more time before doing anything drastic.

My experience is that men can have sex with little retraction.

• ...Show all comments
    • Josie
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

Medical Research in Holland = Dr. Jacob Oster, I think.
      o bviously the Nederlands has more uncircumcised boys than U.S.A.

• 6 months ago

It’s caused by not being circumcised.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Roddy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Phimosis is the medical name for a foreskin that is too tight at the tip to allow full, free and painless retraction, whether flaccid or erct.

Your foreskin should have become freely retractable by 8 years old at the latest and your parents ought to have ensured that this was so.

Most phimosis is congenital (i.e. inherited) but some occurs because of ill advised attempts to stretch the foreskin.

You MUST see a urologist as a matter of urgency since without full and free retraction you cannot maintain proper daily hygiene and therefore put yourself at serious risk of major infection. Phimosis also makes intercourse difficult and there is a loss of pleasure for both partners.

• ...Show all comments
    • Dub6 months agoReport

and when he pulled my foreskin back he was surprised I had phimosis since my penis was basically shiny clean (probably more clean than most guys who were able to retract as children).

• k w
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

look for foreskin stretching exercises, online.....

• 6 months ago

most likely related to skin problems like Eczema and Psoriasis that sometimes emerge around that age.. and if you have a history of promiscuity or contact with someone who is sexually active with multiple partners, it is possible it is caused by an infection - mainly sexually transmitted diseases or STD..

it is difficult to say for certain without full history and physical examinations, and probably without lab investigations.. see a doctor early at a local clinic if you have Phimosis..

• 6 months ago

cause.........4 skin......

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.