What do you think of David Bowie?

• Phil

I think he is dead.

I liked some of his music at one time - "Heroes", "Sons Of The Silent Age", "Ashes To Ashes", to name a few.

One of the greats of the post-WWII era.

• Zapata

OK, but vastly over-rated.

• He was chameleon like in his approach to his music and I like his Ziggy Stardust phase best.

He was cool........

I like David Bowie's music.

I don't get it. While he reached mainstream success, I would still think of his work as "cult classic." I don't know the whole timeline but it feels like someone ripped off Rocky Horror and made a career out of it. I've always said he sings like he's doing the Monster Mash vampire voice.

Some songs are catchy but again, I can't quite get off on it the way some seem to. In contrast, I've powerfully in love with (musically) Casandra Wilson. He version of Strange Fruit will change your world. And as per religions, we all see the world through our frames. Like how Adam Hills describes someone seeing a bombing, the only way they could describe it was "it was like a Michal Jackson Thriller video."

I think we all have something that only music can articulate for us. And to each his own, different artists say what we needed to hear, others don't. Bowie just doesn't do it for me.

One of the all-time greats.

He was good I did prefer his music in his Ziggy Stardust days.