Should I take my husband's divorce threats seriously?

My husband likes to threaten divorce when he gets mad. But, he also tells me he loves me and I'm stuck with him. I feel like taking his threats seriously and looking for a good divorce attorney to fight for me. It's very stressful for me to have him say he loves me and wants to be with me forever, and the... show more My husband likes to threaten divorce when he gets mad. But, he also tells me he loves me and I'm stuck with him. I feel like taking his threats seriously and looking for a good divorce attorney to fight for me. It's very stressful for me to have him say he loves me and wants to be with me forever, and the next day I'm the worst wife ever. Recently we visited family out of state. At first I was trying to figure out how to avoid the trip because every time we go, he puts me down in front of a relative. When we return, I voice my displeasure about being disrespected, and he yells at me about divorce. I didn't want to be the weird wife not going with my family so I went. Same thing happened again, he backstabbed me to the same relative and that person is joining him now on badmouthing me. Plus, upon return, he informed me he has also been badmouthing me to his friends and co-workers. I don't understand how he says he loves me and does this to me. He is narcissistic and thinks he has done nothing wrong. He thinks it's okay to badmouth me to everyone. He says he does everything for the family and I do nothing. We both work full-time out of the home and he says it doesn't matter that I do the laundry, take care of our children, etc. because in the future they'll be doing those things themselves. I always brag about him because I love him, but I get the opposite. I've told him I just want him to be nice. We have 2 kids. Should I take his threats seriously or work on this?
12 answers 12