patty
patty asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 7 months ago

is steak good for u or too fatty (I cut off most of the fat after cooking)?

It has a great deal of protein which is very good, fat which isn't great, and a lot of cholesterol which is bad. I am concerned with eating healthy so I eat beef about twice a week and don't eat steak more than about once a month.

• IvaB

best to leave the fat on while cooking imo,after which I trim the fat (mostly) like you.Fat can get rubbery and too chewy,and probably hard to digest,but it contributes to overall flavor and juiciness and best trimmed afterwards.

• Todd

Somebody probably already said this. It depends on the cut, how it's prepared, and how it's cooked. I would say one of the fattiest cuts with the most flavor would be either the rib eye or prime rib, the leanest being round or flank cut.

It is still too fatty. But it is only one element in the diet.

• denise

Steak is better with a good marbling of fat, like you say you can trim it when its cooked, if you want to.

Of course its good for you but in ANY food, moderation is the key.

You can eat cookies, a couple in a sitting but not the whole package.

You can have a burger now and then but not for every meal.

You can eat anything you want but not the whole package and not all the time.

Moderation in all things.

• audrey

God, does everything have to be GOOD for you? Just enjoy the fact you can afford steak!!!!!!

• patty

yes I got an inheritance

the fat adds flavor, but i do cut it off after cooking,,it dosent tatse too good for me,but i like the flavor it can give

Fatty is that then! Next the cook must buy one steak, sort which doesn,t have fat!

It depends on what you cook it in and how much oil or butter you use when cooking it. There is no such thing as a food being bad for you because all foods are beneficial when consumed with moderation. I think you're doing fine.