What is the origin and meaning of S in class or rank-S?

Do NOT speculate. Do NOT guess. If you dont know then stay silent. I ve searched the internet for over an hour an have only come to the fact that it is Japanese in origin. If you do not have knowledge of the Japanese language and reputable sources to site, then shut up. I just wanted a simple answer but with... show more Do NOT speculate. Do NOT guess. If you dont know then stay silent. I ve searched the internet for over an hour an have only come to the fact that it is Japanese in origin. If you do not have knowledge of the Japanese language and reputable sources to site, then shut up. I just wanted a simple answer but with millions of dipsh!ts out there guessing it s just causing me unneeded frustration. S-class etc is becoming more and more prevalent in games and anime so I just want to understand where it comes from. I swear I m about to have an aneurism. I know it s not that big of a deal, but I like learning so when I spend a great deal of time trying to learn one thing and all I see is idiots being like "I think it stands for sUpEr" I want to go f@@king postal. Hhhhhhhhhhhh
5 answers 5