Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 months ago

An atheist friend repeated the atheist mantra " When I die I will go back to that condition that I was in before I was born: nonexistence"?

When asked how he can be certain he did not exist in any form before birth he replied "I have no memory of it, therefore it is highly improbable that I did exist". When questioned about memories he has of being 2 weeks old he admitted he had no memory of that either, though, he agrees, he must have existed at that time.

Question: Does not having a memory of something prove that it never happened?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

An athiest is as entitled to their beliefs as anyone else.

Their is no proof of any existance prior to conception or after death, it is all just beliefs.

Some believe in past lives and reincarnation but this is highly improbable as ,due yo ever increasing population, there are more people alive today than have ever died in human history.

• 4 months ago

And once again you evade responsibility. No one believed in any kind of afterlife until someone asserted that an afterlife existed. That assertion was never established to be fact, therefore the default, rational position should be 'I don't believe you're correct about that' until and if verifiable evidence is forthcoming. It isn't forthcoming. No matter how many tales you make up that appears to make atheists the ones who are asserting fact, that's simply not the case. Atheism is a response to a positive assertion. That assertion is "A god exists". The response is "I don't believe you". QED.

• TB12
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

I think you just made this tale up.

• 4 months ago

No but that's not really the question.

The question is, is there any verifiable evidence for any life other than the one we're experiencing here an now?

The answer is, no.

~

• Everard
      Lv 6
      4 months agoReport

It's not in any way a "faith declaration".
      Based on no verifiable evidence to the contrary it's a reasonable assumption.

What verifiable evidence do you have that I'm wrong?

You have nothing but the fantasies of frightened people who didn't know what happened to the sun at night.
      ~
      ~

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

So does that prove that God exists?

• Lv 6
      4 months agoReport

I'm still waiting for that barrage.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Hinni the liar is back. What an idiot. .

• 4 months ago

Exactly this proves that God wants us to not masturbate atheists just don't get it w/ their memory which blinds them from the Truth that is... uhm...

I don't remember?

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Sure, hiney.                    

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

My atheist neighbor was caught in a DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) He says he has no memory of it, but the police certainly do!

Source(s): Atheism? LOL.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.