Anonymous

Atheists, scenario:, You make a new friend outside of the internet, (yeah I know, it seems improbable), and after a time of the most..?

fulfilling friendship you have ever experienced in real life, your friend tells you that they have become 'born-again'. Your friend then alters the course of your friendship and now constantly reminds you that 'time is short' and that you need to take stock of your life, and that indeed there is a 'life to come'. Would you ditch the friendship and crawl back to the unreality of previous internet alliances or would you break new spiritual ground and stick by your friend as you voyage together into the New World to come?

I wouldn't ditch a friend for getting religion, unless they tried to push it on me or allowed it to consume their life. I have far more believer friends than non-believers.

Source(s): agnostic pagan

One of my friends is a very strong believer.

We simply do not discuss religion, as he knows he has no proof and & he does not try to influence my beliefs any more (after realising there is zero proof many years ago), so I don't try to influence his.

If it were someone who did keep bringing up the subject I'd keep knocking down their arguments & asking questions they could not answer until either they stopped preaching and accepted it was pointless, or stopped having anything to do with me; that would be their choice to make.

• Matt

Id try to stay friends, but if he persists despite me politle asking him not to, then i would hangout with my other local frienda and we'll have a laugh at condescending pricks who think we dont have social lives.

Methinks you need psychiatric help.

I would have answered you question but as you chose to use it a a vehicle for your insults and venom I will treat it and you with the contempt deserved.. .

• Why do you labor under the notion that atheists never practiced a faith before? Most atheists were born and raised in a religious home and they gave that stuff up.

Born again is baptism. Only people I know who get baptized are babies.

I would hold on to my friend as we go through the Veil of Mystery that is the gateway to the next life.