Michael asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 months ago

If Bozo Johnson is elected PM. Could the selection process be deemed as non democratic.?

Considering that only 180,000 member of the Tory party will elect a new party-chairman and thereby also the UK's next PM.

Can it be right, that so few have the power to dictate, who the country's new leader should be.

Update:

I would seem that some think that one can just join the Tory party,well you can't. You have to be recommended and vetted to join.It's not a workingman's-club.

Attachment image

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Gerald
    Lv 7
    4 months ago
    Best Answer

This fiasco has proved democracy is a lie, Theresa May bought the vote of the DUP with one and a half Billion pounds we all know it was a bribe, this whole episode has pointed the faults out in the system and this is another example they are all scratching around parliament to stop Hitler becoming dictator and closing parliament to declare war on Europe for the Brexiteer army

• equal
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Michael I appreciate your comments and respect your knowledge too it is welcome to have an ally we are better than this I know that it gives me hope still

• 4 months ago

Do you know how many people select the various EU Presidents and the EU Commissioners? Is it as many as 180,000?

Johnson is promising to implement our previous decision to leave the non-Democratic and unnaccountable EU. That is why there is opposition to his appointment.

Johnson, and all the other MPs, have already been chosen by the people. The winning team are now picking from those chosen individuals someone to lead them.

• Michael
      Lv 5
      4 months agoReport

"non-Democratic" We have a parliamentary monarchy, so we are the last people to tell others what a democracy is.Bozo was going to rail-road parliament by having the queen close the doors of parliament to its elected members,so that he could force his no deal exit through.

• 4 months ago

Um...the UK is a Monarchy not a Democracy

• Michael
      Lv 5
      4 months agoReport

Some one how know his democracies.Thumb-up

• 4 months ago

Gee ,one doesn't always agree with the outcome in a democracy -- which means it can't be right or fair .

We seem to have entered an age of child like stupidity and selfishness.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

Want a vote don't be stupid be a smarty come and join the tory party

• Michael
      Lv 5
      4 months agoReport

That's the problem, you have to be vetted to join.That's why there are not so may members.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Not at all. Anyone can join a political party and vote for it's leader. So democracy exists. The election of a leader is the same in the Labour Party.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.