Lv 5
patty asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 6 months ago

how much fruit can u eat a day?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • falcon
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

it's depends on your body needs. You will know when enough is enough .

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

I rarely eat fruit. I will eat berries sometimes and i like white peaches in season.

I guess you can eat as much or as little as you want. It's up to you

• 6 months ago

As much as you like.

• Julien
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

The only restriction is the calories they bring: fruits have a lot of sugar (mostly because they have been artificially modified for that during centuries of agriculture)

Given that they bring hydro-soluble vitamins, the risk of hypervitaminosis is essentially negligible.

If you eat nothing but meat and fruits, 400g of meat plus 1.6kg to 3kg fruits (depending of which fruit) would do the trick to meet the calorie and macro objectives of an average sedentary (the main risk being that maybe you wouldn't have enough dietary fat, essential fats and liposoluble vitamins).

That's to say that you can replace all of your carbs sources by fruits, but then you have to eat more meat to compensate for the loss of vegetal proteins (the glucide/protein ratio is about 6 for wheat but 10-20 for fruits).

Modern research found that drinking too much fruit juice could provoke health issues because of the excess of sugars, but it doesn't seem to apply to whole fruits: the digestion is not the same when you include all the fibres.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Unlimited. But.should only two or three.

• 6 months ago

As much as you can, your body will discard the excess.

For healthy adults, experts say that eating lots and lots of fruit is unlikely to get you into trouble, as long as it's part of a normal diet. The main concern with overeating fruit is its natural sugar.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

5 fruits minimum is healthy

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.