Christians, is there anything at all you would not believe if you read it in a bible?

Talking animals and bushes. A world wide flood covering the tallest mountains and a pair of every species plus food fitting into a boat for 40 days. Adam and Eve. Jonah living inside a fish for 3 days. A magical kingdom in the clouds where peoples ghosts go when they die. Giants. Witches. Satyrs. Demons. Unicorns. Leviathan. Jews building the Pyramids. Walking on water. Water turned into wine. Completely wrong accounts of history. The earth being 10,000 years old.

If you can swallow that crap then you'll believe literally anything right?

Attachment image

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Zac Z
    Lv 7
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I think, it comes down to conditioning.

If you grow in Christian culture, these stories are so familiar that they lose a lot of their weirdness, provided that you're exposed to them at a young age.

Also, because people are so familiar with the stories, they may never contemplate how illogical some of them are. Like, there are so many problems with the flood story, it's crazy. (Like, where would the "passengers" get their food from after they left the ark? The entire world was supposedly covered by water for 1½ years, that not only killed pretty much all animal life (except for marine life, I suppose) but also most pretty much all plants.)

I'm sure when people that grew up in other cultures hear those bible stories for the first time, they will be amazed that this nonsense is being believed by countless Christians.

PS: You should take unicorns and satyrs out of your list. Even though the KJV mentions these, they are badly translated from the original Hebrew. Not need to provide a target for theists pointing this out, there's enough other ridiculous stuff in the bible. Similarly, "Jews building the Pyramids" is not in the bible, either. This may be Christian folklore or maybe you got the impression from the movie "Prince of Egypt" but that concept isn't biblical.

Might I suggest you take these out and replace them with the following bible BS?

- Josua praying for God to stop the sun and moon in their course for a day in order to keep slaughtering their enemy, and God complying with this request. Apart from the fact that this remarkable event was not recorded in any other culture, it implies that God would have stopped earth's rotation (to make the sun stop) and the moons orbit (to make the moon stop). This shows that the bible authors really had no clue about real-life astronomy.

- The Jerusalem zombies: the dead leave their tombs and roam Jerusalem after Jesus is crucified - another remarkable event that nobody cared to record.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

Wrong. The Bible has its problems, Einstein. Of course it's not perfect. But those "unicorns," if they were not elasmotherium simbricum, were badly translated. The translators should have chosen the "wild bulls" definition.

The Bible does not claim that the Earth is only 10,000 years old, silly. The "days" of creation should have been translated as indefinite "times." Of course creation spanned billions of years.

Animals do not talk except by divine intervention. If we by applying natural laws can make denser-than-air flight, then God by applying eternal laws can also do things that seem miraculous to us.

Bushes do not talk, silly. The Lord was standing behind the bush. So much light leaked through its branches that in Moses' experience only fire could have explained it.

The mountains were not necessarily so tall back then, dear one. There have been cataclysms in Earth's history.

Note that the fish was specifically prepared for the purpose. It must have had weak stomach acid and a leaky air bladder so it had to be gulping air constantly.

I don't have all the facts, and neither do you, but at least I have an open mind and the willingness to find out for myself. Are you logical? Then you should, too.

• 7 months ago

A pointless 'what if' question.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • 7 months ago

It might be all crap but the past can be anything but what is important is the path to Eternal Life has not change and offered freely today by the act of being Baptize in the name of Jesus Christ and the action will cause your name to be written in the Book of Life and you as a child will fine out no matter how sinful you try to live it never lasts long...and I'm talking from experience...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

The problem with U guys is that U cannot handle the Truth that the Bible tells in all its gory detail of the fall of man and his fallible ways. The Bible is Literal and is the TRUTH about man and YHVH GOD. Take it or leave it.

• 7 months ago

Yes.

Psalm 14:1  reads: The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.”

If instead it said, "The wise and intelligent person says in his heart, 'There is no God'", I would have problem believing that. Wouldn't you?

• 7 months ago

I think this pic defines the problem.

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

If you mean THE Holy Bible then of course we believe Gods every word. Not to is to call him a liar. No Christian would ever do such a heinous thing.

Num 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

If God ever said that Jonah swallowed a whale, then yes of course I'd believe him.

Luk 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.

• Lv 4
      7 months agoReport

You don't even have the original message lmao

• 7 months ago

"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God."

Ps 14:1a

• The wise man says it out loud. If somebody wrote a book of fables and wanted people to believe it then they would probably add stuff like only fools doubting it. Once again you believe it because its in a bible. Circular logic. You believe the bible because the bible tells you to.

• 7 months ago

Obviously, you take it literally. We take it all with a grain of salt and know that we don't know everything... nor do we have to. We do know the Bible is a Spiritual book that contains Spiritual truths. Sorry that you missed that point.

• Spirits don't exist so there is no such thing as spiritual truths. Sorry that you were gullible enough to think there were.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.