Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 6 months ago

Why do people treat fast food employees like crap? Like they aren’t human?

People treat fast food employees like they’re lazy or they’re not trying enough. We get cussed out and yelled at half the time for others mistakes? For example the grill making food wrong. Or another employee giving the wrong size fry. Half the time we are working the drive thru by ourselves (just one person doing everything) and people scream at us for being “slow” customers don’t take your feelings into consideration at all. Like fast food employees try their best. Trying to multitask to make sure every customer is satisfied. That’s why it sucks for teenagers first job too.

Favorite Answer

It isn’t just fast food it’s a lot of jobs. Take police for example, they are paid more and save lives and still get treated horribly by people and government. Just about every job has its issues. I know fast food workers are treated horribly too, underpaid, treated bad by customers, sometimes co workers and their own employers too. Just hold on, try not to let it get to you.

• 6 months agoReport

Kill yourself Tri.

I'm SORRY! I never intend to be an asshole but my temper gets away from me when I'm struggling with life and it happens so fast before I can stop myself. :-(

• chorle

I don't but one of the first things you learn in the military is don't eff with people who make your food.

man should be providing . better for a growing family. women should be home. love x

Forgive them. Forgive them and don't hang on to anger because then it makes you a bad person. Be professional. some people are generally already unhappy and they only go there for the convience of the food being done fast and being cheap. Kill them with kindness and try to turn their frown upside down. If you cannot then you will not have lost anything or gained anything. It doesn't cost anything to be kind and to try to understand the person and their situation. Always be professional dont let them take you out of your element, stay calm, focused, apologize and hold out doors for people. Sometimes all people need is just that act of kindness to make their day worth living. If someone yells at you, Apologize and try to understand why they are angry then correct the mistakes with confidence and a smile. Be you and Beam your light, You Got this!

• Mmm J

I'm a person.

I do not "treat fast food employees like crap."

If you are basing your question on personal experience, I presume you are referring only to the small population or poor examples of humanity with whom you've had to interact. Rather than remember them, remember those who did not "treat fast food employees like crap".

If you are basing your question on viral internet posts, please remember these are posted to get a rise out of the viewer. Posting a nice interaction would not get views.

Not everyone "treats fast food employees like crap". Only poor examples of people looking to get whatever frustration/aggression they have out on the next convenient thing. Sometimes it is their dog or child or significant other, but in what you may have observed, it is the hard-working employee (whether fast-food, retail, airline attendant, auto-repair person, or whatever) that did something not quite right that sets the low-life into a rage.

Pretty much anyone who works with or for others will experience the same with customers or even co-workers - heck, I've been in the telecom industry for 30+ years and it still happens - not often, but it does happen. You just never know what sets another person off... Sometimes you only get yelled at... other times Law Enforcement needs to get involved... and every step in between these extremes.

• Bob

Most people that treat fast food employees like crap are unhappy people that treat many of the people that they deal with day in and day out like crap.

Cause there's assholes

Weather its the employee or employer at fault some of those employees act like they hate the customer and can't understand why they need a reason to treat people disrespectfully.

they are stupid assholes, f@ck them