Is that a light at the end of the tunnel or is it just a train?

Favorite Answer

People who have dug themselves into a giant hole often think they can fix it by digging deeper and deeper.

They say "It isn't a hole. It is a tunnel. Can't you see the light at the end?"

All the while digging ever deeper. No one has ever seen that light.

See "Vietnam War" for an example.

Yes.

Old joke:

The light at the end of the tunnel is that of an oncoming train.

train ................ ................. ................... .....................TRAIN !!!!

'The light at the end of the tunnel' was an analogy (is that what it is?) used a lot in the Vietnam War. When there really was no light, just tunnel.

The thing is, sometimes there IS a light at the end of the tunnel. I believe that's true today. But seeing a light doesn't tell you how far away it is, and how long it will take to get there. And it seems a little farther away now than it did 4 years ago.

I may get there with you, MLK said, but I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the Promised Land.

Who knows at this point