My truck’s paint is faded and clear coat is peeling. What is the best way to fix the paint?
- The DevilLv 76 months ago
Damaged clearcoat cannot be repaired. It must be removed and new clearcoat applied.
- Road warriorLv 46 months ago
Rub down the clear coat and exposed paint with polishing compound. Have clear coat resprayed.
You might get away with rubbing c. and Krylon Anti Uv clear gloss, at ACE. But, IDK.
- JetDocLv 76 months ago
The BEST way is also the most expensive way... Strip all the old paint off and start over from bare metal.
- PercyqtedLv 76 months ago
The best way to fix the paint is to find a reputable paint shop and ask them to respray the vehicle.
There are other cheap and cheerful quick fixes but none of those would qualify as "The Best Way"
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- ocularnervosaLv 76 months ago
Sand it down and repaint it.