Help with weight loss age 15?
Hi, i’m 15 male and I am currently 240 pounds and 6” tall. I am very insecure about this obviously and I want to change but I have no idea where to start. Any tips on where to start?
- MamawidsomLv 77 months ago
You need to work with your parents on providing healthier/lower calorie foods and in monitoring your food intake. Here are some suggestions:
1. Download a food tracking app like Lose It! or My Fitness Pal and start tracking absolutely everything you put in your mouth.
2. Get a food scale if you don’t have one. In the beginning you will need to weigh and measure everything you eat until you can learn how to judge your portion sizes accurately. A big issue for dieters in underestimating how much they are consuming.
3. Cut portion sizes by 1/3 or ½. Eat slowly and wait at least 20 minutes before getting more food. You need to retrain your body to adjust to less food.
4. Cut out or at least back on fast food, junk food, snack food, bread, rice, cereal, pasta, corn, potatoes, sweets, fruit juices, milk, sweetened drinks (even diet). And don’t snack.
5. Eat a lot more fresh veggies.
6. Eat fruit as a treat, not as a major food group.
7. Eat lean protein (3-4 ounces) twice a day. You don’t need huge amounts.
8. Eat small amounts of good fats like avocado, coconut oil, olive oil, and nuts.
9. Drink up to 100 ounces of water a day.
10. Move your body. Try different things and find a few activities that will enable you to exercise nearly every day. Walk the dog, walk without a dog, swim, play tennis, ride a bike, shoot hoops, do yoga, take a spin, CrossFit, kickboxing class, or follow a DVD exercise program at home.
11. Read some books from the library about emotional eating. People who are significantly overweight often have both a cultural connection to food and an emotional one. If you are eating when you are sad, mad, stressed, bored, etc. then you aren an emotional eater. You need to find other ways of coping with feelings.
- blue pixieLv 67 months ago
Exercise and start paying attention to what you're eating. It may be hard in the moment but feeling good about your body is always worth it. You're gonna have to eat less, it may be hard at first but your body will get used to it. Do it as if your life depends on it, because your happiness does. Make a goal and go for it. Maybe a goal to lose 10 pounds a month. It can be done, and you'll be at your ideal weight pretty soon
- keerokLv 77 months ago
No need to go to the gym. Just ditch snacks, sodas, juices, bread, and skip one meal (the same meal) everyday. Drink only plain water, lots of water, especially during the meal you're skipping. If you fee light-headed, add some salt to your drinking water.
- BillLv 67 months ago
you are fat because of what you put in your mouth too often
a good start is 2 meals a day and nothing else
you will be suprised just how fast you will loose weight