Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 7 months ago

If robots suddenly took over all our jobs and the government gave us an allowance to live on would you be upset and miss your job?

Metaphorically speaking. I'm not asking if this will happen, I only want to know would YOU be upset or not?

I'm retired, but at its peak, my job was solving the toughest problems that came into the corporation. Plus, I got to interact daily with the hottest and best-dressed women in marketing. Everyone saw me as a Hero, because I was one of the few technical people assigned to emergencies. Like, "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope."

I'd do that job again for free.

• mokrie

Yes I would be upset. I don't want to be controlled. I want to make my own fate.

Yes, I would. If a robot suddenly replaced me, and the government gave me an allowance to live on, that would be very alarming. I would have a feeling that if I were no longer needed in my job, the government would no longer need me to be alive, and have to pay me anything. The government would probably make me disappear.

• audrey

I don't think I'd be upset and no I would not miss my job!

Maybe if you couldn't make a living on hobbies or creative things then I would feel like life has no meaning. If they did everything then what would there be left for people to enjoy.

my new job would be touring and kayak fishing all over the world.

• xg6

No I wouldn't miss the duties that go with my job but I would miss the interaction with my coworkers