Ryan asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 7 months ago

When is Yahoo Answers going to take away Level 7 users abilities to move questions?

I hate that every time I go to check my account I find my questions complaining about white characters being made black or male characters being made female or straight characters being made LGBT or LGBT characters being in fiction in general moved to categories I didn't put them in like Abuse and Spam or random categories. I hate the fact that because I don't know how long the questions were there I don't know how long they weren't available for people looking on the category I wanted them in to see them. When is Yahoo Answers going to stop allowing people to just move other people's questions around without their permission? I'm only Level 1 so I can't do it to other people but I wouldn't know who to do it to anyway to get revenge.

I find it ironic that on a question complaining about people being able to move questions, my question keeps getting moved out of the Yahoo Answers category.

You are allowed to move them back.

They aren't going to take a reward away from people who worked for it. Though they did take all my best answers away for asking about the size of people's body parts.

• Ala

Probably never. They don't want to pay someone to do it, so they figure that at least it's better to restrict the ability to move questions to level 7's.

• Ben

Idk, maybe never or who knows?

• Daniel

There are no Plans on it being Removed anytime soon Im Afraid

Who knows Verizon doesn't inform us of their plans.

You should stop ranting and spamming .

• .

There is no indication of plans to remove that feature, in spite of the rampant abuse and the frequent complaints about it. Of course, since Yahoo wasn't prone to giving us a heads-up before adding/removing features to the site, and the same has held true since Verizon bought Yahoo, I wouldn't expect us to know of any potential changes. We may login one day and the feature is gone for Level 7s, but we won't know until the day it happens (if it ever does).

Your violations should be reported in the subcategory appropriate for their topic, not moved so they interfere with the users of the subcategory they are moved to. Although you've been told this before, and yet you still ask/complain. I know why your questions are moved even though I disagree with that action, and I do return misplaced questions to more appropriate subcategories when I happen upon them.

There was something on the suggestion board awhile ago, where they promised to "look into it" and "action was coming".............but all they said was, they would "take steps" against those that ABUSE the feature........

which means, they did nothing new , since that's been the policy since they started it.

and to take steps.......YOU have to PROVE to them, that someone is abusing it.......which is near impossible.

so in other words..........they are not doing a damn thing about it.

• Erik

truth

No word.

I'm beginning to think this place may be a low priority.

• Erik

So if that's taken away, what is the incentive to get to Level 7? There is none, and the levels become meaningless. Your questions don't sound like real questions anyway.

• Ryan7 months agoReport

Then why does this question keep getting moved out of the Yahoo Answers category?

I agree. They abuse that power and use it to remove things they simply don’t agree with. It’s BS and should be taken away.