Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 6 months ago

Ok I have a Muslim friend...and I am an evangelical Christian. he is a male, I am female... I am married he is not.. Is it ok to be friends?

He has been there for me when life was tough... my husband doesn't know about him.. Ive tried many time to tell my husband about him, but he is always too busy to hear me... I talk to my Muslim friend mostly about my relationship proplems. I have video spoke with him and voice call.. but Ive never seen him in person because we live oceans apart. Is it wrong of me to be friends with him?

Favorite Answer

Of course it's OK for you to be friends, but the part about your husband not knowing speaks to future problems. Assuming your husband is also evangelical, he has the potential to go postal if he finds out. I think you have two courses of action open to you. First, you can cut off all communication with your Islamic pal, and hope your husband never finds out. Second, you can go to couples counseling to "work out your communications difficulties" and explain that you have tried to explain this friendship, but your husband won't listen. I doubt your pastor would be a good mediator.

My wife has a Muslim friend (Ibraham) who we met when we visited Egypt. My wife is Christian, and I'm not, and he is her Facebook friend, and I'm not. I have absolutely no problem with that relationship, and neither should your husband (although I'd play down the part about getting relationship advice from him).

No, not really. Your husband is supposed to be your only close male friend. Talk about your problems with your minister, your therapist, or your girlfriends.

What dose light and darkness have in common. you are saved he is lost his religion is a false religion we are told to be separate from those whom are not of the faith we are of. if you need a male friend it needs to be another Christian. preferally another women. so that you will not be tempted to break your vowels you and your husband promised one another to be faithful to each other till death do you part. unless you are trying to convert this Muslim to the faith of Christianity you need to stop talking to him. Thanks for the question friend God bless.

Marry the Muslim. Your husband sounds like he's down low.

• Tommy

Regardless of who is what religion you may be crossing a line. Your "friendship" is kept a secret from your husband. Those kinds of secrets can cause relationship problems. When you talk to your "friend" about your relationship problems, what is your intent? Are you telling him your problems hoping he can offer you advice to fix the relationship? Or is it more like you complain about your husband and he sympathies with you and makes you feel better? Seems pretty unfair to your husband to talk to another man about your relationship problems when your husband is the one who could help fix the problems.

It's ok. You can be friends with anyone you want if the interest is reciprocated.

If you are feeling convicted, you should heed and follow that prompting. It does leave the door open to temptation.

Be very careful Muslims can be fine one minute and snap the next. There is such a thing as sudden Jihad Syndrome. This is where a Muslim is fine relaxed and doing his thing with you one minute maybe your even having fun then all of a sudden this Muslim shouts JIHAD at the top of his lungs and tries to stab you or cut off your head or something. Or maybe he pulls out a Gun you never know. It's better just to not be friends with Muslims. Keep a Distance report to the Secret Service and FBI that they hold Islamic beliefs and move on let the authorities do their Job they are better equipped than you are to deal with such people

• Lv 6

lmao

Bad idea. You have marital problems. Go in prayer.

Paul says don't do it.

• bioya906 months agoReport

Why should anyone care what Paul says?

Yes, since you've never met in person and your conversations don't go off limits