Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 4 months ago

Is an AP class in high school considered an elective?

I want to go to Virginia Tech. There requirements mentions 4 elective units. I m going to be a Junior in high school this upcoming school year.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • drip
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

It can be considered an elective. If you are required to have two years of History and you have taken US history and World history, then take APUSH, then it would be an elective.

Talk to your school

• 4 months ago

it depends on your school, i think. check out the requirements for your grade. for example, my junior year, i was required to take one science, one math, one english, and one social studies class. so, if i had taken the AP version of any of those, then they would not have counted as an elective, as they were required. typically i don't think AP classes count as electives, but you could contact the college or your high school and check. i think electives are usually the arts, music, technology, etc classes. i did take AP psych my senior year, though, and i think that was considered an elective since it wasn't a required social studies class. check to be sure.

• 4 months ago

No. An elective would be typing, or other classes not required in the general line of classes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.