Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 5 months ago

When will humanity most likely go extinct?

Obviously it’s hard to predict. But whenever I look it up, people either seem to think it’s within 100 years or billions of years. Are there any scientific articles on it?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

In 2006, famous physicist Stephen Hawking posed an open question on the Internet: "In a world that is in chaos politically, socially and environmentally, how can the human race sustain another 100 years?"

• 5 months ago

I'm a fan of the "within a hundred years" and the "Captain Trips" scenario (fatal disease spread by jet plane).

If you took AP Biology, then you did a "transformation lab" in which you had E. coli take up genes. Yeah, what dummy thought that putting genetic engineering of human symbiont bacteria into the hands of high schoolers was a good idea?

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

AGW is real . in less than 20 years the worldwide crop failures start . billions will starve . eventually even the secret government bunkers will run out of food and the last of humanity turns to dust . the deniers die too .

• Ray
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

No one knows. Some think we will all be extinct in 12 years! Some think it will take longer. We are a very adaptable animal, I believe within a few millennia we will go extinct, not because we die out but rather because I believe in that time we will have advanced our genetic engineering abilities and we'll get rid of the stigma of genetically modifying ourselves and other thing, thus we will evolve ourselves. We will become evolvers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.