My sister's house is disgusting?

She thinks since she owns the house, she can do whatever she wants. Like cook and not clean up the mess, leave food containers and boxes of wine out, not ever clean bathroom, etc. I live with her and cant afford to move out. She expects me to do all the cleaning while she sits watching Gordon Ramsey yell.

She never says please or at least, "could you?" she just says like "Really, this sink!?" it is her mess, i dont cook hardly ever, like once in a blue moon.

I have antique items, artwork, posters, a mirror i cant up, because i dont want to draw more attention to the filth. I have a disability that makes me fairly weak, so i cant do it all. I'm extremely depressed, pissed, upset, have contemplated suicide and am BEYOND FED UP. I have nowhere else to go, plus have a cat.

• Foofa

This is the price you pay for living in the place (which sounds dead fancy...I mean boxed wine...yikes) rent free. If you have a disability you're eligible for SSDI and could put yourself on the list for Section 8 housing, get welfare, food stamps, etc. Your sister IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE, period. So either you find a way to move out or this is your life forever.

Some people are simply dirty and slobs. I know one like this.

i would just rnove out anyways, you can always stay in a shelter and they'll help you out

There are males who are more womanly than females. Try living with my male landlord. :(

I lived with males, and females. I would like to live on my own.

I recently had an opportunity to live with a female. I rejected the opportunity to live with a female. Because I thought the woman who gave me a chance to live with her was a whore.

I will be moving into my own apartment in 2-3 years, and I am also saving money to buy my own home. I would like to rent an apartment, and own a home, so hopefully I will be able to do both.

I can't say your sister is a woman even though she has female plumbing. I would think women are more cleaner than men. but this is not what I am noticing.

I don't mind cleaning, but there are people who are obsessed with it, and having to live with someone like this I think it can be hard to deal with.

Source(s): I am a male.

Simplist: You do not own the house, you don't even rent space which might give you some rights.

You are considered in a good position as you don't have to pay the expenses of maintenance, nor taxes,

Your RENT is to do the jobs you are tasked with by the owner (sister).

You are free to move elsewhere,

Be Happy your sister is tolerating your presence, whatever the true reason.

ENJOY your life as it is now, vote Democrat for a major change.

Get your free food, free domicile, free earnings, free healthcare.

.

If you are disabled, there is only so much you can help with in each day. Give yourself grace for what you miss, and if it happens to make you weaker and sicker, give her the bills. :) No, seriously. (I don't really have the nerve to do that myself, but it happens to cut into their lives in other ways when they don't help me help them ;) .) Try to hire someone to come in and help clean, or make a friend who can help you clean, someone who can show it's not normal for a disabled person to be stuck with EVERYTHING just because there is free rent. Because you will get sicker if you just try to do it all. It happened to me. Guardian makes many good points, but might not know some people will just take advantage and make it worse, and excuse it by saying, "Free rent? Where will you go? You're disabled? Blah blah blah?" Go to counseling and mention it there too. They might know of some agencies like home health care aides or others who can come in and help put it right, show you new ways of doing some of the chores, give you a list of different types of implements to make it go smoother for you. You might even get some of the items free or at a discounted rate. This comes from an elder who is disabled but helps with the chores and has to just say "Oh well, I did this at least" if no one else helps and it's not all done. People will either get the point or they will be annoyed and have to wait for something. God will step in eventually. Pray for your sister and your own heart and health too. EDIT: Someone thumbs downed this, and I bet they don't have serious physical health issues and difficulty keeping employment because of it, and I bet they were never treated like a slave and not even like a sister or daughter or friend.

If it makes you feel any better, look at it this way. You live there rent free. A couple of hours work cleaning up now and then is like your job. Don't get too hung up on the please and thank yous. It doesn't change anything. Your situation is the way it is, so just tolerate it for now. It's a temporary arrangement while you get by, not the rest of your life.

She owns the house. 🥴

Where I'm from, our elders NEVER wash dishes or do chores. It falls on the youngest generation to uphold the chores. It's your job, your duty and your safe zone. Being the one who does the house chores, benefits most.

1. It disciplines you.

2. It's good exercise.

3. It's good practice in knowing your place as the youngest.

4. Teaches you about responsibility.

5. It actually is a great stress reliever.

6. You become sharp knowing your way around the kitchen, how to properly clean, how to do things and how to stay on top of things you need for the house and food.

Tons to learn from cleaning up your lazy sisters mess. 🥴 Plus, you get recognition for all the hard work you do when other people see that you do all the cooking, cleaning, etc.

It's upto you on what you want to do. I say stick it out because it's for your own benefit.

If you take care of your sister, she'll always take care of you.

Source(s): My hard labor and discipline as one of the youngest kids? 😊 Actually, came in handy when I joined the working class. Now? I'm one of the top employees wherever I go.
  • A C

It sounds like you're getting free rent so I think you shouldn't complain about doing some housework.

• A C

May God bless you. <3

Cant put up^

She's also engaged