My Trane Outdoor actually will not come on after cleaning. We took the cover off and sprayed it with a hose. Now it doesn t come on. Help?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Sounds like you may have shorted something out in the wiring area, make sure your breaker didn't trip out.

• Login to reply the answers
  • y
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I'm thinking you forgot to turn the power back on to the unit or, you forgot to turn it off in the first place and the breaker tripped. You of course, could have shorted something out, water in the fan motor and such. Might want to ensure that everything is indeed dry before turning power on to the unit.

One thing that I have come across although rare, is when one fiddles about. They accidentally disconnect things like capacitors and such, take a peek at all the electrical connections.

• EricaS6 months agoReport

We turned the breaker off at the wall before cleaning and tested the power coming in and we have power. We could have gotten something wet?

• Marko
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Assuming there is power going to the outdoor breaker, you will need a volt/multimeter to measure power going into and out of the Contactor, it's like a large relay.

The click you hear is the contacts closing together (caused by the thermostat), which completes a/the circuit to pass power to the compressor and the condenser fan.

I will guess there is no power going to the Contactor so double check the disconnect (outdoor breaker)

• 6 months ago

Check your GFI breaker you might have tripped the GFI

• ...Show all comments
    • JoKyoNim
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

You never hook up a sump pump or a/c unit to a GFIC breaker or receptacle. They have a tendency to nuisance trip.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

My Trane Outdoor AC...stupid auto correct.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.