Do doctors judge patients that have hickeys?

I had a lipoma removal from my back 10 days ago. It was a very simple surgery, the incision is probably 2 inches long. The thing is it’s still bleeding like it was the next day. I want to tell my surgeon about this but I’m worried he will ask me to go see him. The reason I don’t want to go is because I have lots of hickeys and finger nail scratch marks on my back. I’m embarrassed to go back because before my surgery I had some and nurse asked me what those marks and I told her they are marks made by my husband. When the doctor came to my room to talk to me before they wheeled me in she showed him the marks on my back (she told him these are the marks I told you about) he looked embarrassed but didn’t say anything. Maybe me being a Muslim lady like him he thought bad of me. He didn’t even make eye contact with me and appears uncomfortable. Should I tell him my incision isn’t healing as it should? If I go see him I won’t be able to cover the marks because they are inches away from the incision.

• Foofa

This may be hard to hear but non-Muslims don't just assume that Muslims are in some way more chaste, better people or immune to lust. You may think that of yourselves, which clearly isn't true in your case, but the doctor just puts you in the same category as a horny teenager who showed up with the same markings. And he/she doesn't care either way.

i would hope not, the liporna is rnore irnportant, just ask your husband to take a break frorn giving it to you while youre getting treated

doctors have seen some pretty wild stuff, so they probably won't judge you too hard, and some may not even bat an eye. if they act awkward, it's probably just because they feel like they've intruded on your private life, which is understandable. bottom line: if you think you need to see a doctor (which you probably do, considering the bleeding from your incision), don't worry about them judging you and just go. better to be judged a bit than to suffer medical consequences from ignoring your problems.

This was ridiculous when you posted it in women's health and its still ridiculous in this section. What does being a muslim have to do with any of this? Most doctors wouldn't take a second glance or be asking you about this unless you have signs of physical abuse.

Each person is different, the doctors I’ve been around didn’t care. But at the end of the day, who cares what other people think, if it’s negative.

I think it's fine. HeaIthcare providers see a Iot worse things that they don't even bat an eyelash at. Maybe because he sees you as a community member or something, Iike if you go to the same church or whatever it's caIIed, it gets a IittIe awkward for him. l would definiteIy show him. Even if either you or him feel some embarrassment, it's better than having medicaI compIications to deaI with.

It usually tells me my patient is feeling better lol.

Yes. They hate you.