Preparing a Personal Unemployment Plan?

I'm in jeopardy of being terminated and I live paycheck-to-paycheck - no savings, with debt. I don't have a spouse or kids but I am supporting a parent in another state. My unemployment plan is almost nonexistent that primarily consists of filing for unemployment - but I'm sure my employer will block... show more I'm in jeopardy of being terminated and I live paycheck-to-paycheck - no savings, with debt. I don't have a spouse or kids but I am supporting a parent in another state. My unemployment plan is almost nonexistent that primarily consists of filing for unemployment - but I'm sure my employer will block that so I'm trying to prepare. To survive until I can find something else, I can't think of anything to add to my unemployment plan other than donating plasma/blood and as a last resort moving back home. This will be the first time in my life that I've ever been fired from a job, facing unemployment in this economy. Other than the obvious task of finding a job, any one have any suggestions that I could add to my personal unemployment plan? Things I can do, any resources I should look into, ways to keep money coming in, etc. Any advice at all will help. I'm in Texas by the way. Thanks in advance.
9 answers 9