Justin Thyme asked in SportsCycling · 6 months ago

Have you ever ridden an ebike?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Yes I have, and it was very pleasant. At the level of effort I would use for a nice stroll I was able to ride along at a very good pace. Ebikes, particularly pedallecs are a great way for people who are normally inactive to get out and enjoy cycling while still contributing to the ride. They are catching on in Europe where they are increasingly seen as an alternative to a car as opposed to North America where they are seen as a recreational toy. I see ebikes as possibly a very good addition to cities trying to encourage citizens to adopt active transport.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

No... But I've passed quite a few using nothing but pedal power. 💪 I can see no use for one unless a person has a physical disability worse than me. And I'm OLD, with degenerative disc disease in the lower back plus arthritic knees & hips.

• 6 months ago

Yes, they're great for the short time they provide assist. Once the electrical system shuts down they're just dead weight to pedal around. Then it's a long wait for them to recharge.

What many on the motorized bicycle forums are now building is gas/electric hybrids. The electric motor provides assist to a small cc engine and/or the rider. When the bike is moving forward but the electric motor isn't providing any assist; it then acts like a generator to put charge back into the battery.

Source(s): Motorized Bicycle Owner and Builder and Builder.
  • 6 months ago

Just got off mine after my moning commute a couple of hours ago.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Yes, Not all that powerful, but better than pedalling. It was supposed to go for miles on a single charge . I can only testify to a couple of blocks. Seemed to be made very light, but worked

• no i ride ubers all day

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.