promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 11 months ago

Need friendship advice ASAP?

So, I have this friend that thinks she’s entitled to know everything she asks. Like it’s not okay for me to say I don’t want to share. If I don’t share, she accuses me of “hiding something and acting different” and she says she’s done being friends . And she’ll basically put me on the “back burner” . I’ll give you an example of real situations. I was at Applebee’s the other night and I have a lot going on it was a bad night for me, so we were texting and she asked about my night I said it wasn’t so good and I feel emotionally drained. She asked for details and I told her I’d rather not share because she offer judges or makes my situations about her. She went on pressuring me to tell her and when I didn’t she said I’m hiding things. And she asked again today about what was wrong that night. She questions her name being initials in my phone or If I change her name to last name or her number real actual nickname in my phone (which I often do to many people) she said the other day that she’s going wants time together ( mind you I’m living my whole adult life with two kids) and when I say I’m busy or can’t that night she gets mad. Then today I told her I don’t owe her any of my personal business if I don’t want to share it. Then she said that’s different I than before because I used to and again I’m hiding something . This friendship is exhausting. Is it just me or does this seem pretty weird ?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Your friend has a narcissistic personality disorder who believes she is entitled to everything, not only every aspect of your life but also believes she is entitled to know every single thought, feeling, and emotion that runs through your mind. She will manipulate you to the point where you will begin to question weather or not you are going crazy and weather or not this is normal because that is how narcissists control others and they are masters of manipulation. Don’t be fooled, run away before you literally loose yourself.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • ron h
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

let all her calls go to VM and answer her texts when you feel like it. "I'm sorry, I've been tired and busy. And your questions are just wearing me out. In fact, let me call you back in a day or two. Bye."

• 11 months ago

She sounds kind of nuts. Wouldn't even be friends with her anymore. Answer mine... https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20190...

• Just Me
      Lv 4
      11 months agoReport

Thank I will

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

It seems odd. You might want to make up reasons that are FAR above anything she expects, like being an FBI informant or a CIA contract assassin.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.