Can I register for Fall semester in September, FOR October?

I am planning to go to Community College. But, as I will be turning 21 soon I want to start as soon as possible. I want to know is it too late to register for FALL SEMESTER in September for October’s 10 week term???

Am I too late?. Also, will I graduate on time starting in Spring?. Thankyou!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Every school's academic calendar differs from one another. However, if you're planning on community college, they probably do have 7-8 week courses that begin in October (most CCs do). But keep in mind that since the courses are only about 7 weeks, the course work will be more condensed and accelerated, so you'll have to stay on top of it.

• Kae5 months agoReport

Thankyou For the help. Yes, i need to ask the college but havent been able to get in touch recently since the line is always busy

• 5 months ago

That depends entirely on whether the college has a semester or quarter academic calendar and WHEN the semester or quarters start. If the semester or quarter starts in August, it MAY be possible to be admitted and enrolled for the fall term. It may be too early to apply fir the term that starts in October.

Whether you graduate "on time" is up to you. Lots of people take more than 2 years to earn an associates degree or 4 years to earn a bachelors degree.

• Kae5 months agoReport

Thanks a lot for the help

• 5 months ago

That's a question for the admissions/registrar's office at the specific community college. Many CCs will take registrations and fees up to the start of classes and even during the first week of classes. Whether or not the classes you want would still have room is another thing entirely. If classes start in August, it is unlikely that you would be allowed to enter a class starting in October.

CALL or stop by the registration office and ask.

• 5 months ago

Apply to the community college now. Register for classes as soon as you are accepted and take your placement exams (and have talked to an advisor).

You do not have to be in the area (or even in the country) to do any of this (except maybe for the placement exams). It all can be done online and you obviously have access to a computer (or at least a smartphone). You will need to send your high school transcript, but most high schools have people in the office even during the summers to do that.

So there is no reason to delay. Apply now and register for classes as soon as you can; don't wait until September. To answer your question, yes, you usually can register for classes up until the day the class starts . . . -if- there are still spaces available, which there very well may -not- be, if it's a popular class. You're better off not waiting until the last minute.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Study the school's website for deadlines for applications, course registration, etc. Depends on the school. Do your homework!

• Stella
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Typically in community colleges you could possibly register right up until the classes actually start.

That said, some courses fill up quickly and you might find yourself locked out.

Why not register now?

As far as graduating "on time" that depends on how many required credits you complete each semester. It's not a question of time spent.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.