is tourism to Europe up or down in past 15-20 years? why?

by Americans? other? I remember when I was in Europe , I saw a lot of Chinese , Korean and I think also Japanese tourists. why? are they still traveling a lot too?

It's generally up to the point and the sheer amount of people visiting has even become a problem in many of the more popular destinations. Barcelona has been protesting for a long time, and just last week I read an article that mentioned the Louvre area in Paris, Venice, Inner City Copenhagen, and Preikestolen (Norway).

Up- definitely. Tourism everywhere is up. There's been a huge increase in Chinese tourism as many are now middle class to affluent and can afford to travel. And there are a lot of them. That doesn't mean Americans are not going there.

Here's an article about how a record number of Americans traveled abroad in 2016.

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/01/record-number-of-...

They sure have a ton of African "tourists" these days.