Travelling abroad and keeping touch with friends?

So I will be making a trip to South Korea for about a couple weeks and I was wondering how I would be able to keep in touch with my friends back here in America? So I have FirstNet through At&t but obviously it doesn't cover internationally. I was looking through there plans and they have daily... show more So I will be making a trip to South Korea for about a couple weeks and I was wondering how I would be able to keep in touch with my friends back here in America? So I have FirstNet through At&t but obviously it doesn't cover internationally. I was looking through there plans and they have daily international plans for 10 dollars a day. Which would be insane for me because I will be there for essentially 2 weeks. I have iMessage and should be able to message friends if connected to the internet but obviously not when I'm out and about. Is it worth the money to pay 10 dollars a day? I'm not even sure if I will be texting during the day so I'm kind of thinking of not paying for an international plan and just use iMessage when i get a chance to connect to the internet.
3 answers 3