Need help getting two dogs to get along? And more? Advice please?

... and beyond that, I’m in a bit of a dilemma. My parents are house-sitting a dog for owners that are away on a week-long cruise trip - except that they don’t know my parents actually took the dog back to our house. When they offered to look after their friend’s dog, the owner refused and instead just wanted us... show more ... and beyond that, I’m in a bit of a dilemma.

My parents are house-sitting a dog for owners that are away on a week-long cruise trip - except that they don’t know my parents actually took the dog back to our house.

When they offered to look after their friend’s dog, the owner refused and instead just wanted us to visit the dog at their house every day to feed it and let it out. Well, my mother felt bad for the dog and instead just decided to nap her from the house without the owner being aware - which I felt was a wrong move.

Back at our house, we have three pets: two cats and a dog. Every one of the animals is very intimidated by the new dog we brought over because they weren’t ever allowed to meet properly, which is best done in a neutral area as per what I’ve read. Both of the dogs are female and our house dog is rather aggressive whenever the new dog gets close or moves too quickly, etc.

I don’t feel like it was the right decision to steal the dog in the first place, but now that she’s here I don’t want her to receive any more harassment from the pets that live here - the new dog already has received a scratch on her face from one of the cats, and the one that hit her was the one of the two generally considered more docile.

What should we do?