I put my CD that I want to play into my laptop, now what?

• Steven

If you want to play an audio CD in your computer then I recommend media player. Windows computers can be set to "auto-play" whatever you put in the drive but that feature is vulnerable to malware so it is not recommended. If the disk is a DVD then you need to run a DVD player program. If the CD is software then you need to run the setup.exe on the disk.

• olivia
  • Steven

You have to check in the drive and play through it.

Open My computer and look below your hard drive. There would be an option DVD or D:. Double click on it and you will be able to see your Cd content.

Try useing ng a CD player or older radio with a CD player . better yet try using your DVD player that one always worked for me .

It depend on your computer specifications to play any kind of CD.

• what kind of laptop

Now wait when something happens

Mac laptop? A Windows DVD/CD might not work if it has an install program for that OS.

That is all that can be guessed from only "CD" and "laptop" with no details. Wasted question.

• It's best to go to "Control Panel" "Auto Play" and tick the box next to "Use AutoPlay for all media and devices" so next time the CD will automatically start playing.