I found a stray cat.. What should i do?

I found a cat in my front yard. he was clean like he ran away from home not so long ago. I fed him, gave him water and set up a litter box outside, pet him, took him to the vet to get him checked and kept asking around for his owners. Found out that they abandoned him and he’s been roaming around for a couple of... show more I found a cat in my front yard. he was clean like he ran away from home not so long ago. I fed him, gave him water and set up a litter box outside, pet him, took him to the vet to get him checked and kept asking around for his owners. Found out that they abandoned him and he’s been roaming around for a couple of weeks now. Local market vendors feed him and take care of him but he comes and goes wherever/ whenever he pleases..
I have another cat and can’t take him in, shared his picture for people to adopt him hoping to find him a loving home, then left him where he was..
did i do the right thing? What else should i do
P.s: there are no local shelters or animal control where i live.
Thank you.