promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

is Islam for or against abortion? (Sources needed)?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

It is for abortion

Source:

The Quran

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

Abortion is not allowed because cutting life is not allowed. Cutting a human life is as if killing all of humanity and saving one life is as if saving all of humanity. People who do will face the consequences unless they repent to God sincerely.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Wikipedia is my friend.

Muslim views on abortion are shaped by the Hadith as well as by the opinions of legal and religious scholars and commentators. The Quran does not directly address intentional abortion, leaving greater discretion to the laws of individual countries. In Islam, the fetus is believed to become a living soul after four months of gestation,[1] and abortion after that point is generally viewed as impermissible. Many Islamic[citation needed] thinkers recognize exceptions to this rule for certain circumstances. American academic, Azizah Y. al-Hibri, notes that "the majority of Muslim scholars permit abortion, although they differ on the stage of fetal development beyond which it becomes prohibited."[2] According to Sherman Jackson, "while abortion, even during the first trimester, is forbidden according to a minority of jurists, it is not held to be an offense for which there are criminal or even civil sanctions."[3] There are four different Sunni Islam schools of thought – Hanafi, Shafi‘i, Hanbali, and Maliki – and they have their own reservations on when abortions can happen in Islam.

In practice, access to abortion varies greatly between different Muslim-majority countries. In countries like Turkey and Tunisia, abortions are unconditionally legal on request. On the other hand, in 18 out of 47 Muslim-majority countries, including Iraq, Egypt, and Indonesia, abortion is only legally permitted if the life of the mother is threatened by the pregnancy. No Muslim-majority country bans abortion in the case of the mother's life being at risk.[4] Other reasons that are permitted by certain[citation needed] Muslim-majority countries include preserving a woman's physical or mental health, foetal impairment, cases of incest or rape, and social or economic reasons. There is great variation within Muslim-majority countries as to which are legally accepted reasons for abortion.

• 10 months agoReport

http://darwinkilledgod.blogspot.com

• 10 months ago

Islam is run by insecure men.

Insecure men are against women's bodily autonomy.

I would have to assume Islam is against abortion.

~

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ala
    Lv 5
    10 months ago

I have never been able to figure it out.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Idk. All I know is Christianity and Judaism aren't because abortion isn't mentioned once in the Bible.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.