jimmy asked in HealthMen's Health · 5 months ago

What fever medication is safe with asthma?

I’m asthmatic and keep being told to avoid ibuprofen and to avoid phelyphrin if I spelled that right which is a descongestión so what medication Can I take to lower a fever that is safe to mix with my ventolin albuteral inhaler

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Whenever you have a question about medication call your local pharmacist even if you aren't their customer they will answer your questions. Ibuprofen is an anti-inflamatory so it wouldn't help with a fever. Aspirin sometimes helps with a fever because it thins your blood. The best thing to do is ask your Dr.

• balan
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

I think your physician is a better guide as he knows what are Allergies you are prone to get by taking those ashtmaitc medicines. Regards

• edward
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Tylenol is safe for you. Did you mean Phenylephrine? It actually raises blood pressure a little so i wouldn’t take it if the Salbutamol is working. Don’t take them at the same time is what it means because it can have some nasty side effects that would make you need the inhaler which is why you can’t have Phenylephrine and Salbutamol at the same time, they’re counterproductive, like vodka and red bull, theres a reason they don’t mix it for you anymore

• 5 months ago

Ventalin but ask the doctors if it is right for you first

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Try taking some Tylenol, Also you might want to speak to your doctor about the fever. I am also asthmatic and the only time I take ibuprofen is when the doctor says it is okay.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.