If I don't know the number to animal control in my area can I call 911 and ask them that question ?

Update:

Thank you everybody :-) I did not know that there was a nonemergency phone number I just thought the police was 911 I didn't know there was such a number so I had to look up on Google what is the nonemergency number for blah Police Department and I called that number and they directed me so that was good I just had a question because my neighbor takes care of a stray cat and he thinks he belongs to her so she feeds it brings it inside at night but won't take it to the vet for anything

Update 2:

And a few months back I mentioned that the cat had half of an ear missing and she said oh psht that's just him being a cat getting into cat fights you know how it is . Not my cat so I didn't do anything but cat seemed pretty okay. hes community cat. we all love him and give him treats but nobody specifically owns him. he has a large golf ball size hole in neck that is extremely moldy. he looks tired &worn so I felt my duty 2call animal control they said will see what they can do tomorrow.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Mystic
    Lv 6
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

No - 911 is for serious EMERGENCIES. If you aren't sure about animal control, call your local animal shelter and ask if they've got it (or any advice for your situation), or call the basic, non-emergency number for your local police department and ask them.

EDIT - Every police department or sheriff's department/highway patrol has their own number for their department headquarters. Same goes for the fire department. You call 911 if you have a very urgent emergency at hand. If you aren't sure what your local department number is, just Google it like you did!

I'm glad they were able to direct you and really hope the situation is resolved. If she is going to take care of that cat and considers it "hers", she needs to give it proper vet care in addition to food/water. If it is sickly/dirty, it needs to be seen by a vet. It's rather cruel to deny it medical attention if something is wrong. Good luck! I hope for a peaceful resolve :)

• 1 year ago

Use your smartphone 911 is for people not pits sorry a

• 1 year ago

If you don't know that EVERY police department has ALWAYS had a non-emergency number, you wouldn't know animal control has a separate number either. Your updates are a transparent attempt to cover your trolling.

• 1 year ago

No. Call directory assistance (411). Or in cities that offer it, 311.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

411 is directory assistance.

911 is emergency services.

• 1 year ago

No. But you can look for the non-emergency number of the police department

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Yes. Just say it’s non emergency

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

No, it would be better to call the non-emergency number of the police, they can give you the number

• 1 year ago

Of course state non emergency

Lv 7
    1 year ago

No. Just Google it or call the non-emergency number of the police department.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.