Life After This One?

Death is real. However, I cannot travel through life thinking that all that I am ends at the grave, that my life will be as if I was never born. If there is no life after this one, nothing is lost, no one gets hurt. The end, right? If we somehow, some way survive physical death and WAKE UP as in the story of the... show more Death is real. However, I cannot travel through life thinking that all that I am ends at the grave, that my life will be as if I was never born. If there is no life after this one, nothing is lost, no one gets hurt. The end, right?
If we somehow, some way survive physical death and WAKE UP as in the story of the rich man and Lazarus, in another dimension, whether heaven or not, there is NO TURNING BACK. You see, we decide on earth what our eternal destiny will be. God allows us to make that choice. Your thoughts?