Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 6 months ago

How can someone affect a person so deeply after cutting ties when they barely know one another enough to consider each other friends?

Not often do people cut ties but times when they have; it never affected me because there were real reasons that just made sense. When this person cut ties with me, it cut deep and it hurt in a way that I wouldn’t know how to explain even if I tried. It doesn’t make sense as to how this certain person had the ability cause an impact like that when we were never really close enough to consider each other real friends.

Favorite Answer

If you are speaking of friends with benefits then there is an intimacy involved that results in emotional entanglement. The deeper the emotional connection, the harder it affects you. There are levels of connection that most people are too superficial to comprehend. You can spend 3 truly intimate days with someone and feel connected your whole life or 25 years with a spouse that hardly impacts you at all when they go other than routine familiarity. If it's just someone you fancied that you barely knew, then it's about projection. The emotions behind the fantasy that you had that it could be more. The way a pregnant woman that actually wants her child projects images of the life she will have with that child. Her hopes and dreams for them. The father's hopes and dreams. They imagine their first step, their first day of school, their graduation. If she loses the child, she loses all of those hopes and dreams that she projected onto them. Which is why as you can imagine a woman that doesn't want the child never projects those dreams onto what has potential to be a child but isn't. You have projected something onto this person and you are experiencing the loss of what you hoped you might have with them that may have never even existed for them in the first place.

I assume friendship never was formed that’s why you don’t understand why their cut ties hurt you. If my assumptions correct it hurt you because the man or lady who hurt you is your soulmate or more likely your twin flame. In the twin flame dynamic there’s usually one spiritual twin who carries the twin flame consciousness and another is an unaware twin who is called a matrix twin. The journey is designed like that where one is spiritually aware and the other one isn’t aware. So it’s very normal that one of the twins doesn’t know they are your twin flame. I experienced the same when it happened to my lady and I before we got together in the later years and married. We were both married when first meeting both have children with our former spouses and now our stepchildren have many siblings and another on the way. Family keeps growing have faith and if it doesn’t happen for you stay strong and pray for healing because if your twin flames separation hurts.