Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 5 months ago

Should I write a book or make a web series on YouTube?

I have a lot of creative ideas & want to put it out there but what to do? Writing a book is Kinda traditional but it takes a lot of time to do(writing & getting it published) or should I just create a series on YouTube or something & cut out the book part because are people reading these days or are they watching stuff on YouTube?

• Marli

You still have to plot out a storyline, script it, employ people to act it, employ people to clothe and cosmetic the actors, provide the props, and to arrange lighting and cameras. You might have to take out a loan to pay for those people and the props/costumes/use of buildings, etc. for the setting.

Maybe you don't need a lot of people, clothes, etc., but you certainly need a story. Write that story. Then see if it works better as a book or a script.

• Athena

Do what your heart tells you to do.

Though I should point out that a GOOD web series is just as hard as writing a novel.

Particularly if you have no training or education on the matter.

You should do what interests you most and stop asking others what you should do. It's your life, your decision. Figure it out.