Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 6 months ago

Is it appropriate for a host to ask if someone’s coming to a party before the RSVP date?

My friend is hosting a birthday celebration for me, and the RSVP deadline is in 10 days. She messaged one of my friends (who she vaguely knows, but not very well) who hasn’t yet responded to check in and see if she was coming. I feel like it’s only appropriate to take that step on the last day to RSVP. She thinks what she did was fine. Was she overstepping? What’s the proper etiquette here?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • G R
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It isn't that big of a deal, but generally you put a deadline on an invitation for a reason and in general you really shouldn't be contacting them at all.

• Login to reply the answers
  • edward
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I mention it in passing, i don’t go out of my way to ask.

• 6 months ago

What's the harm, seriously! Overstepping what? This is a really silly question.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

i dont see anything wrong with it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Cara
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

The proper etiquette is to ANSWER an invitation within three days of receiving it. If the invitation mentions a last day, it's a bit "off" to wait until then to reply.

• I understand that, but the invite was sent out 2-3 months in advance, so I understand people not responding right away. Thank you for your reply!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.