Want companionship but I don't have the need for it? Why?

So I'm 22, in the military and been single my whole life and never slept with anyone before too. Most my friends are either married, in a serious relationship or have a kid. And I really dont fancy that except for the fact I kinda want to have a kid, but the normal way is dating around-finding "the... show more So I'm 22, in the military and been single my whole life and never slept with anyone before too. Most my friends are either married, in a serious relationship or have a kid. And I really dont fancy that except for the fact I kinda want to have a kid, but the normal way is dating around-finding "the one"-getting married then have a kid. The thought of doing that is just exhausting.

I know that I'm too selfish with my space and time, I'm so content with how my life is right now.
I've had alot of female friends in highschool and college. I've known a few who had a thing for me and who were pretty clear about it. And sometimes I think to myself "damn I should've asked her out and stuff" but then what, what if it works out and being with someone feels like a lot of work. Usually guys approach females and and stuff but its the opposite with me. I find myself being close with some girls I didn't even mean to be friends with. Then when I get the feeling that theyre into me I just distance myself cause I get weirded out/repulsed by the idea of dating them and going on to sharing my life with them. And before you say that "I might be gay", I'm not gay. I dont fancy being in a relationship with other men either lol
I have considered the thought that I might be an asexual but the definition of an asexual doeant really fit me, I still like females, both physically and in romantic ways. Plus i watch porn like every guy so i dont think I'm asexual
I cant figure out what my problem is