How Can I Secretly Rent An Apartment?

I've been having trouble getting a part time job (19, going to be a sophomore in the fall at University) but I found out I can sell my plasma and make just enough to rent a place for the summer. (I'd go back to dorm life in the fall when the help of scholarships.) The issue is A. My mother (only parent, 64)... show more I've been having trouble getting a part time job (19, going to be a sophomore in the fall at University) but I found out I can sell my plasma and make just enough to rent a place for the summer. (I'd go back to dorm life in the fall when the help of scholarships.) The issue is A. My mother (only parent, 64) doesn't want me to sell my plasma and b. She'll complain about little stuff and say if I don't like it I should move out. But when I mentioned"what if I got an apartment over the summer" (she stopped me before I told her what I was planning) she says no, and that it's too dangerous (we're from a small Southern town while uni is in the "big dangerous city" (same state though)) My bf has an apartment, and told me about how he had to get his sister's help in signing off as him being reliable or something, which I do have a sister (39), but as a mother herself I'm not sure if she'd be willing to keep it a secret I'm living in an apartment or what kind of lie I'd have to tell to do so without my mother being suspicious. I fight with the elders in my family a lot so I just want to get away from that, absence makes the heart grow fonder type of thing, I guess I'm hoping they'll like me more if I'm not there? What could I say to not draw suspicion if I go through with my sort-of plan? Is there something I should say to my sister to get her to help, she lives away from us so she doesn't know how things are but I was thinking of lying and saying I'm staying with her all summer?
9 answers 9