Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 months ago

What does a girl mean when she says she needs a rain check?

At first I thought it meant she wasnt interested, but because she had a boyfriend I mentioned we should keep it platonic, but when she cancelled and said rain check I just said I understand, and left her alone. She texted me a week later saying she hasnt seen me in a while, but when I respond she ignores me. I am so confused with this one but I'm guessing it more than likely has to do with her boyfriend.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

Wrong question; don't ask what "a girl" means when she says that, because all girls are different. Just ask what THIS girl means when she says that. A question that only YOU can answer, because we don't know her in the slightest.

• Z
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

When you go after a girl who already has a boyfriend, this is what you usually get.

• Z
      Lv 5
      4 months agoReport

If she's the one chasing you, then why is she the one canceling on you and asking for a rain check, and why are you the one who's sooo confused? It doesn't matter what you think, so far as you're agonizing over things then you are the one who has the short end of the stick.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Simple: She is stringing you along. You're her "backup" male for when she is not seeing her "boyfriend" or when she is having problems with him.

Accept this role and be used, or end the relationship.

• Anonymous4 months agoReport

I haven't visited her bar where she works for a month now, that was our usual hangout. We did text last week because our tech guy for comedy night didnt show up with the microphone, so I asked of her bar had a mic and she said no, but the very next time she works shes advertising karaoke night

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.