Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 6 months ago

I'm an adult but I'm still forced to talk to my estranged family who hates me?

I don't want to see my family anymore. They hate me, bully me, and abuse me. I'm an adult but I still have to see them from time to time. I hate it. I dread it. I can't get a job right now or move out. Every time they see me they bully me. I can't deal with it anymore. They're just crazy. There's no way I can avoid them. I'm considering taking my life so I won't have to deal with this anymore.

• Foofa

Sounds like contact with these people is what you're paying in rent to live there. Look, statements like "I can't get a job right now or move out" don't engender much sympathy. Either you're a minor child or you've got some extenuating circumstances like a disability, work visa problems or the like. But until you explain WHY you can't move out no one's going to be able to give you any reasonable advice on this.

i would just rnove out, you can always go stay in a shelter and they'll help you out

I didn't talk to my family from 17 (when I left) until I was 29 and I decided I missed them. I don't "get" how you are "forced" to talk to family.

My family treated me far differently when I started knocking on their doors again. Twelve years made a huge change in me, in them, and in any sort of pretension regarding "place" or authority or power.

Sounds really difficult, but I've read your post twice and still don't see a question in it anywhere. Do you HAVE a question, or are you just venting?

• choko_canyon

So I guess you're just venting.