I am selling my craftsman tools and they have my engraved initials on them, will that decrease the value.?

I am selling my craftsman hand tools and they have my engraved initials on them, will that decrease the value? Will it make them harder to sell?

• art
    Favorite Answer

having initials on them decreases the value as buyers want the tools in pristine condition, BUT dont scrape or grind them off as that damage will decrease the value even more

• Ash6 months agoReport

No one collects these tools. They aren't nearly old enough. I collect tools. Gimlets, drawknives, adzes, etc. I also have many, many Craftsman tools. I use them, I don't collect them.

• In

Initials engraved onto tools will not affect their function, so it depends on whether the buyer wants to display them or use them.

• John

I have a pair of lineman's pliers that had to be 50 years old when I bought them 50 years ago. They aren't marked but I would be proud the have the initials of whoever owned them 100+ years ago.

• y

Lot of used tools that are out there, have initials, names, marks, brands of some sort on them. Makes no difference.

• elhigh

Yes. Anything that makes the next user feel like the tools are in any way less "his" will detract from their value.

No, because you are trusted "not to claim them afterwards" and besides the buyer has a receipt signed by you that he paid for them FROM YOU. Most time, they will remark the tool with their initial or number or figure measurements.(women are mechanics too)

I doubt people will even notice.

99% of people buying USED tools won't even notice.

They have only value as much as they are useful.

My first thought is that I wouldn't care, but then I think, "What if I buy these tools and then they guy claims I stole them?"

• Ash6 months agoReport

Then you get a receipt.