Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 7 months ago

How intimate is eye contact?

When a girl and a guy keep very long eye contact (3-7 seconds) is there something between them?

Personally I can keep short eye contact with people but i keep it a lot longer for people i like.

• Z

You just answered your own question. When people are able to keep long eye contact with each other, it means that at a soul level they are comfortable with each other, i.e. they like each other.

It varies from person to person and culture to culture and situation to situation. Sorry. You clearly wanted some kind of definitive, objective answer but there isn't one.

I still look at my wife the same as I did 47 years ago...and even though I'm gray and hair is thinning and I'm not quite the same guy she married all those years ago she says the same.....

I find eye contact to be very intimate in certain situations.. so much so that it's hard to hold it if the moment is too intense. So it really depends on the moment and what the discussion is about and what's happening around them etc.