PLEASE HELP laptop won't turn on?

I wanted to upgrade my laptop by putting an SSD in. I couldn't open the tray of the laptop all the way, though I tried and It just wouldn't come off. I took out the battery and removed every screw. I put my battery back in and it won't turn on. I plugged in the charger and the LED turns on, just white like normal, but it doesn't turn on. I did leave the laptop unplugged all night. HELP

By 'tray,' are you talking about the CD/DVD drive? You don;t take that off to upgrade your HDD. The HDD is in a totally separate area of the computer. I would absolutely take it to a service center. Sounds like you've screwed something up. Good luck!

You have done your very best to ruin a perfectly good laptop that was running properly (I am guessing).

One does not replace the DVD/CD drive by pulling its retractable tray out. The insides of the laptop must be carefully accessed by getting either a service manual or watching a YouTube video how to get inside without destroying it.

SSDs are not put into laptop in place of a DVD/CD unless you want to keep the standard HDD also and never use the DVD drive except by buying an external unit. Any SSD must be installed with a "caddy" that holds it and makes it the same shape and size of either an HDD or a DVD drive body, and has same connection (usually mini or micro SATA).

• keerok

You have to admit you've gone over your head this time. At the very least, you just pulled a wire. At worst, you damaged the screen. Bring the laptop to the service center.